I developed my own confidence in Maths pretty young, playing games that required repeated mental arithmetic. Ping Pong taught me that 7+8 makes a mutliple of 5. Darts taught me to double and treble numbers mentally. Scrabble taught me to quitckly tot up lists of numbers….
In the last 5 years I have created a lot of new games which give my students the chance to practice a huge variety of skills – I have put some of the popular ones onto this site so my students can play them with their parents or siblings at home, as part of their homework. Even Year 11s would rather play a fast moving dice game than do a worksheet… well actually so would I!
- Cancelling Fractions. A game for 2-4 players.
- Factorising Race
- Where can I find good Maths ideas?
- Getting used to negative numbers Part I – a simple game
- Death by Fractions – a game for 2 or 3 players
- A maths game using areas of rectangles
- Game – Prime Number Recognition
- Fraction of a Number Free Printable Maths Dominoes
- Printable Grids for Games and Puzzles
- Skill or no skill? A Game for 2 or 3 players
- Game of Rectangles
- Nrich puzzles and games